Introducing the limited-edition helmet, Lina Elfstrand, Chief Marketing Officer at POC said: “Cycling has some of the most dedicated fans around. Watch any race and you will see roadsides littered with fans in awe of the proximity to and exploits of their heroes. Dressed in pink, encouraging and motivating riders through thick and thin, rain or shine, EF Education-EasyPost fans are easy to spot. We wanted to celebrate and support them by creating the helmet they have long asked us for, so they can support and emulate their idols out on the road.”
Ahead of cycling’s biggest event and to meet the demands of a legion of the sport’s biggest fans, POC is thrilled to release its Ventral Air Mips EF Education-EasyPost edition.
|POC Release EF Education-Easypost Limited Edition Helmet
The limited-edition helmet is the same as used by many of the EF Education-EasyPost’s riders, which has protected, performed, and inspired in equal measure, and will be available immediately in selected online and retail stores, as well as on POCsports.com.
The limited-edition helmet is the exact same version of the Ventral Air Mips which is available to EF Education-EasyPost riders. Developed with a focus on extreme levels of ventilation, very low weight and high levels of protection, the Ventral Air Mips has been proven at the very highest levels of WorldTour racing. The helmet’s availability will coincide with the world’s biggest cycling event, the Tour de France.
Jonathan Vaughters, EF Education-EasyPost, added: “Success in professional racing is built on performance and our helmets combine the best in weight, ventilation and safety. And the success of professional teams is ultimately down to the fans that support and inspire us. POC helmets are unique and have the ability to maximize the team and rider’s potential, and we are overjoyed that all our fans will now be able to be head to toe in pink and benefit from the same products our riders do.”
Pink is known as the color of EF Education-EasyPost, of that there is no question, and the 2023 design presents the classic pink alongside different shades that are nods to the past, present and future of the team. And of course, the fan favorite argyle.
THE VENTRAL AIR MIPS_
The award-winning Ventral Air Mips is a structurally optimized helmet which features precise ventilation ports and internal channels to control the air intake and release at both high and low speeds, which enhances ventilation as well as the rider’s ability to reduce drag.
The Ventral Air Mips is exceptionally lightweight yet features a fully wrapped uni-body shell construction for extra security and an EPS liner which is optimized for the perfect balance between weight and safety. The helmet also features a Mips layer.
A lightweight adjustment system and ergonomic precision strap design offer a superb and flexible fit and it also features a new eye garage for practical storage of bike glasses.
PRODUCT AND TECHNICAL FEATURES_
- Structurally optimized helmet with precise ventilation ports and internal channels to control the air intake and release at both high and low speeds.
- Extreme cooling and ventilation due to ports and innovative internal airflow design.
- Unique design optimized with CFD testing for aerodynamic performance and minimal air turbulence.
- Mips® Rotational Protection System.
- High-performance EPS liner with targeted and optimized density to provide the ideal balance of low weight and crash protection.
- Fully wrapped uni-body shell construction to increase safety and helmet integrity.
- Light-weight size adjustment system for a personalized fit.
- Easily adjustable precision straps anchored to the helmet liner for extra comfort and safety.
- TwICEme® – NFC Digital Medical ID chip.
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet.
- Used by EF Education-EasyPost Pro Cycling Team.
- Argyle graphic detail.
- Sizes - Small (50-56), Medium (54-59), Large (56-61).
- Weight - 230 g CE (Size M), 270 g in CPSC and AS/NZS (Size M).